Where Your Needs Come First
It's our privilege to care for you at UChicago Medicine AdventHealth La Grange. Whether you’re staying with us for a few nights as you recover from an injury or surgery or are just stopping by for a quick test, we'll make the most of your time with us so you can get back to good health.
Learn what to expect while you’re here with us at our La Grange hospital. And, if you can't find what you're looking for, a member of your care team will be happy to help answer questions
What to Expect for Your Hospital Stay
Rest assured that you'll receive the highest level of attention and care at UChicago Medicine AdventHealth La Grange. We’ve compiled resources to help you prepare for your upcoming visit from the comfort of home.
- Make the Most of Your Stay
- What to Bring
- Preparing for Surgery
- Spiritual Care
- Classes and Events
To ensure access to care and care-related services, we offer communication assistance to patients and their guests who have limited English proficiency or a disability that results in a communication challenge.
To arrange for services:
- A team member can request services before or during your appointment
- Communication assistance is available in our emergency department
Communication assistance services include:
- In-person support is available if requested 24 hours before your appointment
- Telephone support connects you to interpreters in 240+ languages
- Video services offer real-time interpretation and are always available (this on-demand service provides more than 57 languages, including sign language)
- Written translation is available in more than 200 languages
We can connect you with medical interpreters in multiple languages, including:
- American Sign Language (ASL)
We also offer medical interpreter services in many other languages. Please let us know if you need different services.
We are committed to providing equal access to patients, family members and companions with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To assist you, your family members or your companions who are deaf, hard of hearing, or affected by a speech disability, we offer the following auxiliary aids and services available free of charge:
- American Sign Language (ASL) or oral interpreters
- Assistive listening devices
- Telephone handset amplifiers
- Text telephones (TTY)
- Video remote interpreting (VRI)
- Written materials
- Other aids and services
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
We’re committed to making patient care better and safer every day. Explore the safety practices we implement that meet the standards of the National Quality Forum and The Leapfrog Group.
Ease Your Mind Ahead of Time
A hospital stay can bring many visits and services from multiple medical providers. We know it’s hard to plan ahead for an emergency hospital visit, but if you have a scheduled healthcare service that requires a hospital stay, we recommend contacting your anticipated healthcare practitioners within the hospital to confirm they accept your insurance provider. You can also get information about billing practices and an estimate for your upcoming services ahead of time to help avoid any unexpected challenges and fees.