Where Your Needs Come First
At UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Bolingbrook, patient care is our privilege. Whether you’re staying with us for a few nights as you recover from an injury or surgery or are just stopping by for a quick test, we'll make the most of your time with us so you can get back to good health.
Below, find all the answers you're looking for about a hospital stay here, from what to bring to what kind of services and assistance you can expect. And, if you can’t find what you’re looking for, a member of your care team will be happy to help answer questions and point you in the right direction.
What to Expect for Your Hospital Stay
We’ll do everything we can to help you feel comfortable and confident with the care you receive, and that starts with learning what you can expect as our patient.
- Make the Most of Your Stay
- What to Bring
- Preparing for Surgery
- Pharmacy Services
- Spiritual Care
- Classes and Events
To ensure access to care and care-related services, we offer communication assistance to patients and their guests who have limited English proficiency or a disability that results in a communication challenge.
To arrange for services:
- A team member can request services before or during your appointment
- Communication assistance is available in our emergency department
Communication assistance services include:
- In-person support is available if requested 24 hours before your appointment
- Telephone support connects you to interpreters in 240+ languages
- Video services offer real-time interpretation and are always available (this on-demand service provides more than 57 languages, including sign language)
- Written translation is available in more than 200 languages
We can connect you with medical interpreters in multiple languages, including:
- American Sign Language (ASL)
We also offer medical interpreter services in many other languages. Please let us know if you need different services.
We are committed to providing equal access to patients, family members and companions with disabilities in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To assist you, your family members or your companions who are deaf, hard of hearing, or affected by a speech disability, we offer the following auxiliary aids and services available free of charge:
- American Sign Language (ASL) or oral interpreters
- Assistive listening devices
- Telephone handset amplifiers
- Text telephones (TTY)
- Video remote interpreting (VRI)
- Written materials
- Other aids and services
We're Here to Make It Easy
Let us take care of the details so you can focus on healing. Here, you can find a handful of links to help you access, review and pay for the care you need for your whole health.
Your Safety Is Our Top Priority
We’re committed to making patient care better and safer every day. Explore the safety practices we implement that meet the standards of the National Quality Forum and The Leapfrog Group.